What we love about Treyburn
As you leave Downtown Durham the hustle and bustle of the vibrant core of the city gives way to the northern suburbs. In fifteen minutes of drive time on 15-501 North just past the Arrowhead Inn you will spot a fenced pasture and a Treyburn sign where you turn right on Orange Factory Road. The next scenic couple of miles will take you past old tobacco barns, small country churches and across the Little River to the main entrance of the Treyburn community.
It is here that parcels from three old plantations were assembled to create the Treyburn community and the Treyburn Country Club. Around the beautiful clubhouse and Tom Fazio golf course are homes in a wide price range, most of which are in what is often called a transitional style that look very traditional from the street but with more contemporary open floor plans and amenities.
What makes Treyburn unique among Durham’s nicer neighborhoods is this peaceful country setting just 25 to 30 minutes away from Downtown, Duke, and all the amenities of Durham’s revitalization including the Performing Arts Center, the Durham Bulls Park and dozens of dining options.
The commitment of the developers to offer a wide variety of housing options means that what we are offering today is an affordable home that shares a setting with homes much larger and more expensive without sacrificing quality.
And so we introduce you to…
Who doesn’t love lots of natural light, privacy, great flow and flexible space? It’s all in this package at an affordable price. The pictures below give a hint but seeing it in person is the way to go.
The home was originally built by Cimarron in a version of their Hatteras Design for the current owners. This provides an open floor plan with the master bedroom and bath downstairs. The flexibility of this space is a key feature. The kitchen is open to the great room, a breakfast area and heated and air-conditioned sun room. A separate room off the foyer and the kitchen is currently used as an office but could also be a more formal dining area.
The owners are a couple who bought the home new and lived primarily on the lower level, using the two bedrooms, bath and loft on the second level for guests. All three bedrooms have walk in closets and the loft also has closet space and could easily be converted to a fourth bedroom. There is also ample walk-in storage space under the eaves. The workshop area in the garage is on an elevated deck that doesn’t limit available parking. The ceiling in the garage also has a thermostat controlled exhaust in the ceiling.
Here are more of the details:
- Side entry double garage with elevated tool storage.
- The water heater in the garage is also elevated on a steel shelf for safety and to preserve floor space
- Three large bedrooms with a first floor master with an en-suite bath with Jacuzzi tub and separate shower
- Heated water faucet for bidet attachment in both full baths
- All custom window treatments convey including Hunter-Douglass venetian blinds on all windows
- Separate office/library off of the two story foyer
- Walk in closets in all three bedrooms
- Lined and sealed crawl space with dehumidifier
- Dual HVAC systems with auto-set thermostats and a thermostat controlled exhaust fan in the attic.
- Natural gas for heating, cooking, hot water and direct vent fireplace
- 9 foot ceilings
- First floor laundry room with wall to wall custom cabinets
- Fiber cement siding
- 4 season sun room with heat, air and skylights leading to a large deck
- Hardwood floors throughout the main floor
- Carpet on the second floor
- Annual HOA fees maintain the beautiful community common areas
- Country Club amenities optional